A great fall dish to make use of those pumpkin carving leftovers combined with our 100% natural grade A chicken to make a healthy, hearty dish.
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
- 32 ounces reduced sodium chicken broth
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat olive oil in large dutch oven or pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery and carrots, stirring and cooking for about 15 minutes, until softened.
- Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken, chicken broth, pumpkin, cream, salt, pepper, garlic salt and cilantro.
- Stir to combine. When hot, stir in cheese to melt. Taste and season accordingly with additional seasonings if desired.
View the original recipe here: Hearty Chicken Pumpkin Soup | Wishes and Dishes (wishesndishes.com)